Michael is a quantity surveyor, and an RICS registered expert witness in quantum. He has over 21 years of experience as a quantity surveyor/quantum consultant and has been appointed as a quantum expert. Michael’s experience has focused on dispute resolution, claims management, and quantum expert services for the past nine years. Michael has assisted in over 15 expert commissions and continues to act as a lead assistant on large commissions. Michael’s experience has been gained on projects across the UK, Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Australasia.
Michael’s expertise includes quantity surveying, valuation of damages, disruption and loss of productivity, and assessment of variations in construction and engineering disputes. In addition, he has provided commercial advice on formal dispute resolution, claims preparation and contract administration services for clients across varied sectors in the construction and engineering industry. This includes oil and gas, power generation, major infrastructures projects, airports, schools, residential and commercial developments, and hotel projects.
- LLM, Construction Law and Dispute Resolution, Salford University, UK
- BSc, Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management
- HNC, Building Studies.
- ONC, Construction and the Built Environment
- DipArb – Diploma in International Arbitration
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member, Chartered Institute of Building
- Associate Member, Academy of Experts
- Associate Member, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Middle East
- Quantity Surveying
- Commercial Management
- Dispute Resolution
- Expert Determination
- International Arbitration
- Quantum Expert Services
- Power Plants & Substations
- Oil & Gas
- Major Airport Developments
- Commercial Development